- The Ticketport
The Ticketport is a ticketing and registration platform dedicated to bringing the world together through live experiences. Through our platform, mobile apps and services, we enable people all over the world to create, discover, share and register for events.
- The Services
The Ticketport's websites and domains, including www.TheTicketport.com, and all of the webpages, subdomains, country level domain variants and subparts of those websites (collectively, our "Site"), all of the services available on or through the Site or otherwise provided by us (including our application programmeming interfaces), and all of our free mobile applications, including without limitation, The Ticketport Organizer, are offered, maintained and provided by The Ticketport. We refer to all of these as our "Services." The Ticketport is a Ontario corporation ("The Ticketport," "us," "we" or "our").
- Organizers And Attendees
Through the Services, The Ticketport provides a simple and quick means for registered users who are event organizers, planners and charitable organizations ("Organizers") to create event registration, speaker profile, organizer profile, fundraising and other webpages related to their events, to promote those pages and those events and to sell tickets and registrations (or issue free registrations), solicit donations and sell merchandise related to those events to users who wish to make purchases, registrations or donations from or to such events (including to free events) ("Attendees").
MINIMUM REFUND POLICY REQUIREMENTS
- Incorporation By Reference
These Attendee Refund Policy Requirements and the rights and obligations contained in these Attendee Refund Policy Requirements are in addition to and are incorporated into the Terms of Service by reference. Nothing in these Attendee Refund Policy Requirements shall be deemed to modify, waive, amend or rescind any other term of the Terms of Service.
REFUND POLICIES AND ADMINISTRATION
- Minimum Requirements
We understand that refund policies vary depending on the type of event and the Organizer. Because of that, we provide flexibility for Organizers to post their own policies with respect to their events, so long as they meet the following minimum requirements:
- Refund policies must be posted on the applicable event page.
- "No refund" policies are permissible, but must be clearly identified as such and must otherwise comply with these minimum requirements.
- Refund policies (including "no refund" policies) must provide for a refund or other make good for complete failure to provide the advertised goods and services (e.g., event cancellation).
- Refund policies must be in accordance with all applicable local, state, provincial, national and other laws, rules and regulations, including all requirements imposed by Card Schemes or Alternative Form of Payment Frameworks (each as defined in the Merchant Agreement).
- Refund policies must include specific instructions on how to obtain a refund, including how, when and where to direct a refund request
- Refund policies may not be changed with respect to purchases made prior to the date of such change and its posting to the applicable event page.
- Refund policies must set out a specific time frame within which refund requests will be responded to, which should not exceed five (5) business days for a first response, and
- Refund policies must otherwise be fair and reasonable.
If a refund policy is not posted or does not meet these minimum requirements set forth above, The Ticketport may (but has no obligation to) modify such refund policy such that it meets these minimum requirements. Such modification may take the form of prospectively making changes to the actual refund policy on the applicable event page or retroactively applying such changes at the time of a dispute, chargeback and/or refund request.
- Refund Process
In order to initiate a refund request, an Attendee should contact an Organizer directly as set forth in the applicable refund policy. If no contact information is listed, the Attendee should use the contact the organizer button on the event page or such other information posted on the event page. Organizer agrees to administer its refund policy in accordance with the terms set forth on the applicable event page and the minimum requirements set forth in Section 3.1 above.
- The Ticketport Review
In the event that Organizer fails to honor a refund that an Attendee believes is due under the applicable refund policy and/or the minimum requirements set forth above, that Attendee may request that The Ticketport initiate a refund by contacting us. The Ticketport will review the facts and circumstances and determine whether or not a refund is due in accordance with the applicable refund policy and the minimum requirements set forth above. The Ticketport will endeavor to complete its review within thirty (30) days of being contacted by Attendee. Attendees should note that if an Organizer has selected a facilitated payment method such as PayPal® for an event, The Ticketport will not have control of the funds and The Ticketport will need the provider of the facilitated payment method to cooperate in order to obtain a refund, which may not happen. All determinations of The Ticketport with respect to these Attendee Refund Policy Requirements, including without limitation the orders to be refunded and the size of any refund, shall be final and binding on both Organizer and Attendee.
- No Insurance/No Guarantee
These Attendee Refund Policy Requirements are not intended to be and do not constitute an offer to insure the performance of or to guarantee the performance of any Organizer and are not a guarantee that refunds will be issued in any given situation.